Located at the entrance to Magherintemple, which is of historic importance because of its association with Roger Casement and the Casement family, this Lodge was built in 1874. It had become derelict and was recognized as being ‘at risk’ until it was rescued by Irish Landmark Trust and given a new and sustainable future.
All the existing rooms in the lodge remain as they are and have been transformed into a comfortable holiday accommodation including living room, two double bedrooms and first floor reading room. The existing yard walls are retained and now form a comfortable kitchen/dining area together with a bathroom and housekeepers at the rear of the gatelodge. The project was funded through a combination of grants from Heritage Lottery Fund, NIEA and The Pilgrim Trust.